We're looking for a Digital Communications Coordinator to support our engagement and content efforts across our website and social media.
The Digital Communications Coordinator plays a key role in keeping our digital communications efforts on track and running smoothly. This person joins a diverse and dedicated workforce with staff located around the world. They will work with colleagues across Accion and external partners to raise Accion’s profile in the fields of impact investing, financial inclusion, and fintech for good.
The ideal candidate may be just starting out in their career, eager to learn more about strategic communications for a global organization focused on startups, financial technology, and international development.
The position will report to the Director of Digital Communications and is based in Washington DC.
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of — or poorly served by — the financial sector. For 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 170 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org
Our communications work aims to ensure Accion and our partners serve as demonstration models and a catalyst for a more inclusive world.
Why you should consider working with us:
- We reach people across platforms. Accion's digital platforms play a key role in allowing us to share Accion's work and expand our impact. From stories of individuals and small business owners finding hope and resilience to engaging social media videos to toolkits and guides that help inclusive financial service providers serve more people, our digital resources are essential. This role would make help maintain all of our digital channels so they stay fresh and engaging.
- We do work that matters. Everything that we do always begins with an understanding of the real world, the change we want to see, and our theory of change. As a result, our work is not academic and abstract — it drives the real-world decision-making of donors, investors, policymakers, financial service providers, and others in the financial inclusion ecosystem. We are laser focused on ensuring that all of our work advances inclusive financial systems for low-income people around the world. In this position, you will fuel this work by supporting blog posts, reports, and other knowledge products that advance inclusive finance.
- We get ambitious things done in a supportive environment. As a member of our team, you will have an ambitious agenda, but you’ll get plenty of support from your managers and peers. Additionally, Accion offers regular learning events, an individual professional development benefit, peer brainstorm and review opportunities, as well as opportunities to collaborate with leaders in our field.
- We appreciate each other as people. We know that to grow we need to surround ourselves with people who have had different experiences and backgrounds to ensure creativity of thought and constant learning. We celebrate creativity and learn from our mistakes. In this role, your voice would be heard and valued as part of a collaborative and innovative team that welcomes and acts on new ideas.
- We are part of a powerful network. Since 1961, Accion has helped revolutionized financial services for low-income people, including creating the world’s first regulated, for-profit bank for the poor (BancoSol), being a leading seed-stage investor for fintech for inclusion, and creating the world’s first global fintech fund for the underserved. In the United States, Accion Opportunity Fund is the leading non-profit lender for underserved small businesses.