We are looking for someone who will work across the Resource Development department, and in collaboration with Accion’s Program teams to lead our fundraising strategic positioning and inform our partnership developments with the public and private sectors in alignment with Accion’s priorities. Collaborating closely across the department, this person will develop impact stories and materials to engage a broad spectrum of private and public sector partners and donors. This role will help plan and lead prospect research, market intelligence and insights, and all related asset development in support of partnership and fundraising strategy across Accion. Reporting to the Chief Development & Partnerships Officer, the Senior Director of Fundraising Strategic Planning and Insights will be instrumental in developing strategies to increase organization-wide revenue.
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze service providers to create economic opportunities and deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of — or poorly served by — the financial sector. For 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 170 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org
About Resource Development
Accion’s Resource Development department has a solid track record of creative partnerships, strategic fundraising and proven results. We work across a broad base of corporate and private foundation partners including Mastercard, Credit Suisse, FMO, Bill and Melinda Gates, MetLife, and Citi Foundations. In addition, we work with individual impact investors, philanthropic donors and the public sector to carry out our important and increasingly urgent mission. Building on the existing strong base of supporters and partners, we aim to further expand the team and amplify our strategic partnership priorities.
Why you should consider working with us:
- We catalyze resources and ensure Accion’s continued global social and economic impact and thought leadership. Our department’s strategic partnership development enables our work both across Accion and externally via visibility creation and is core to Accion’s success. We anticipate trends, strategize, and develop co-creation models, define and implement innovative revenue generating models. We delve deep into wide-ranging issues, from how to catalyze financial services and inclusion to create opportunities for the underserved and most vulnerable households. Through our programs, we effectively empower women to develop livelihoods and access opportunities. We work at the intersection of inclusive economic development, financial services, green entrepreneurship and climate risk mitigation. The Senior Director will make a leading and meaningful contribution to the design of our strategic planning, market intelligence and research and draw actionable insights from data analysis, market trend anticipation and visioning.
- We do work that matters. As a leader in our space, we strive to always be forward thinking and keep an eye on what and how we can do to move the needle and scale our global impact while supporting the sector and raising visibility across all stakeholders. Everything that we do always begins with an understanding of the real world, the change we want to see, and our theory of change. As a result, our work is not academic and abstract—it drives key global decision-making of donors, investors, policymakers, private sector players and others in the financial inclusion ecosystem. We are laser focused on ensuring that all of our work does, in the end, advance inclusive financial systems whilst creating economic opportunities for low-income households around the world. In this position you will be part of this important work, becoming the knowledge expert and a go-to source.
- We get ambitious things done in a supportive environment. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to an ambitious plan for growth while working in a collaborative and supportive environment. We value continuous learning, and each member has ample opportunities to tap into learning resources, attend events aligned with their work responsibilities and their career growth ambitions. You will also have the ability and support needed to collaborate with leaders in our field.
- We appreciate each other as people. Diversity of thoughts, perspective, opinions are key for us to remain at the top of our field. We know that to grow we need to surround ourselves with people who have had different experiences and backgrounds to ensure creativity of thought and constant learning. We celebrate creativity and our team puts great emphasis on taking initiative, forward envisioning and valuing each success and failure as a learning opportunity. In this leadership position you will have a key role in informing and helping shape our Resource Development and Partnerships strategies and the vision for continued success and growth across the organization. On our team you will be seen as a go to person for strategic insights, anticipating and creating actionable plans on future market trends and contribute to our external visibility plans and platforms.
- We are part of a powerful network. The work of our department sits at the center of all that Accion does, connecting the dots between our programs, external partners, thought leader platforms and mobilizing the resources necessary to continuously support our mission and global impact in the financial inclusion and economic development sector. Since 1961, Accion has revolutionized financial services for low-income people, including creating the world’s first regulated, for-profit bank for the poor (BancoSol), being a leading seed-stage investor for fintech for inclusion, and creating the world’s first global fintech fund for the underserved. In the United States, Accion Opportunity Fund is the leading non-profit lender for underserved small businesses.